(Yes, she wakes up this happy & adorable!)
Layla is: 11 months and 8 days old!
Weight: As of 8/18, Layla is 20 lbs. on the nose. This still puts her in the 75th percentile.
Height: As of 8/18, she is 28.5 inches. Her length has tapered off, it seems, and she's now in the 75th percentile.
(She's been obsessed with mama's marathon balloons this week!)
Nicknames: (Same as last time!) I have NO idea how this started, but we call her our "little bean", which has also carried over into calling her "Layla Bean". Honestly, this should have just been her middle name all along.
(Baby leggings…I die.)
(Mike caught this moment for us - snuggling one day after work, watching the rain…)
*
Liquids: Layla still receives breast milk and formula (she only nurses in the morning now). She feeds herself her bottles during the day and before bed, and also drinks water out of her sippy cups.
* Solids: She also eats 3 meals/day of solids. She usually has fruit in the morning, and veggies/protein at night. We moved really quickly through purees at 6-7 months and we've been doing baby-led weaning since then. Basically, she eats whatever we eat, or we give her food and she feeds herself. Layla will honestly eat ANYTHING. It's insane. Her new favorite? Quinoa!
Sleep: Layla takes one long nap during the day (usually 2.5 hours). She goes to bed around 7:30 p.m., and usually wakes around 6:00 a.m. She's really always been a good sleeper, so I think we're pretty lucky.
Milestones: Oh my goodness. Well, she's starting to take steps while we hold her hand, and she's all over the stairs, which gives me a heart attack. She's become a lot more consistent with her waving, and she loves to brush her own hair, too. Her current tooth count is six.
(She looks like she's up to no good!)
Likes:
Crawling all over, walking along the furniture, sitting in mama's lap and "reading" her books out loud, EATING, face-timing with her grandparents and Aunt Molly
(What's in here?)
Dislikes: (Same as last time) Sitting still. This kid needs to move!
She is so adorable!!! Keep having fun with her!!
ReplyDeleteLayla is so darn cute! I love that she wakes up all smiles. And that she loves eating whatever you eat! :D Wow. Almost a year!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet girl! We're having a big (small) family party when we go home for Thanksgiving and I guarantee there will be no parties after that until he tells me wants one! She's such a good sleeper! It's so interesting how different babies are. I don't see james dropping to one nap anytime soon and I'm keeping my fingers crossed we all STTN again! I can't believe how big she's getting!
ReplyDeleteOMG fastest year ever! She is SO adorable and so much fun! I see you are bracing for the chasing phase. I think this is where the grey hair starts. How divine she is such a champion sleeper!
ReplyDelete