9.12.2012

Yet Another NYC Re-Cap, Part 2

Hi friends!  I know, I know...another NYC re-cap.  Thanks for humoring me as I relive my trip!

Day 3 started out just like Day 2 - with a run in Central Park.  Do all New Yorkers just love this place?  Or am I being a cheesy tourist?  

Untitled

Our Sunday in NYC was definitely jam-packed, but we started the morning in a leisurely manner with a late brunch.  I was fortunate enough to meet up with my dear friend Jeanette for brunch at Sarabeth's in TriBeCa, which I would recommend to anyone visiting the Big Apple.  Oh, and you should all check out Jeanette's blog.  She's a sassy, hip Brooklynite whom I am proud to call a sorority sister!

From there, my mother-in-law and I made our way to Battery Park to take the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island (a history teachers' DREAM).  The day was overcast, as you can tell, and Battery Park was filled with tons of annoying tourists such as ourselves, but I am glad we went!


Untitled


I've been fortunate enough to see Ground Zero / the 9/11 National Memorial several times over the last few years, and to witness the transformation has been an amazing experience.  I'd really love to return when the actual museum is open, but the park itself is gorgeous.  It's definitely an emotional experience.

Untitled

Untitled

(The names surrounding the reflecting pools, which stand where the Twin Towers once stood.)

Untitled



Untitled

(The Survivor Tree, which was recovered from the rubble after the attacks.)

The rest of our day consisted of stumbling across a southwestern restaurant on the Upper West Side, and a visit to the Magnolia Bakery for dessert.  

I couldn't have asked for a better travel partner, and I feel incredibly blessed to have a mother-in-law like Vickie to share these experiences with me.


So, who wants to visit NYC with me next???

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I want to go to NYC so badly! Boston is one I'm going to for the first time next month. New York is next on my list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another great trip to NYC! Glad you had such a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me me me! I've never been and have always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll visit with you again! It sounds like you and your MIL get along so well :) That's a wonderful blessing, and now you've definitely explored more of NYC than me...terrible tri-state area resident haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous you like your MIL so much! I love all your NYC updates! Please take me the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I would love to go!I've been trying to get my hubs to go for years. He doesn't like the
    "big city" feel. He'd rather visit the beach. :-) One day, I'm making him though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love NYC, I went a few years back in December when there were mounds of snow everywhere. I really want to go in the spring or fall so I get the chance to run in Central Park.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos as usual!

    Next time you go, let me know in advance so I can make the 7-8 hour drive to be there when you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! Now that my friend is "settled" into her new NYC apt (it's been a week)I think I need to go pay her a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...