I hope everyone's weekend was truly fantastic. After a super long week, mine certainly was! On Friday night, after my typical "GTL" routine (but without the tanning), the hubs took me on a little date to see "Blue Valentine". It was A.MAZ.ING. However, before I get into it, I want to discuss the awesome new movie theater in Chicago with this incredible restaurant/bar right smack dab in the middle of it:

Isn't it gorge??? I love the red/black/white decor, and they have the most amazing flatbreads and paninis! And then, of course, you can bring your drinks and BACON POPCORN into the movie with you! HOLLA!
So yeah. "Blue Valentine". It was heartbreaking and beautiful. I loved the way it was filmed - apparently, part of it was filmed with a 16 mm camera, which gave it that dark, gritty look. Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling were incredible - and I am so surprised he wasn't nominated for an Oscar!

On Saturday, I went to an early Bar Method class, and spent the afternoon shopping and finally getting a pedicure after two months. My feet = disgusting. Anygross, it was a perfect little day, and I picked up some new duds at H&M, including this amazeballs bracelet.

I had a huge work event on Saturday night (SO glad it's over), and I celebrated with this slice of heaven.

And today? Well, today has been spent churching, relaxing, eating, red carpet dress ogling, and photo shoot styling. That's right! My brother and his wonderful fiance were in town to take pictures for their "Save the Date" cards, and since my husband is their photographer, I got to embrace my inner Jay Manuel and help! I wish I had the photos to share, but they had the cutest idea and the cards are going to be incredible!
Before I sign off, I just wanted to let you in on a few amazeballs giveaways:
* Go visit my gal Ashley and enter to win an awesome clutch - but secretly, I hope you don't win, because I love, love, LOVE it. Seriously, though, Ashley is a DOLL, so go visit her now!
* Go visit my twin Neely and enter to win a gift card of your choice! I personally selected Anthopologie, but there are many to choose from. And Neely, well, is pretty much me, but in Dallas, TX. Like, we were separated at birth. I kid you not. Hearts, my dear!
* Go visit Miss Alyssa and enter to win a necklace! Alyssa is like the fairy godmother of the blogosphere - always supporting everyone and doing whatever she can to spread the love!
After you visit these awesome blogs, tell me about your weekend!
(Photos from: chicagobites.com, screenrant.com & smithandwollensky.com)
I want to see Blue Valentine but it is not playing anywhere near where I live yet. That theater looks awesome. We only have the normal snack bar kind of theater. I hope to visit Chicago one day. I do have two cousins that live there.
ReplyDeletei REALLY need to see blue valentine!! and that bracelet is super adorable!
ReplyDeleteOk, seriously? Now I want to come to Chicago just to go to that movie theater!
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I have a date night this weekend, should we go see that movie? I was thinking about seeing "No Strings Attached," but maybe you've changed my mind!
P.S. Did you save me any cake?
The bracelet is super cute, and the cake looks AWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout-out!
Lady, when I come to visit you we MUST go to that movie theater, it is SO cool!!
ReplyDeleteI really, really want to see Blue Valentine also. Glad to hear it was so good!
Is the theater on Roosevelt? One of my favorites! I miss you and glad things are going well. Love you!
ReplyDeleteHoney--sounds like you had an amazing weekend (or, to sound more like you...amazeballs) :) I don't think we would get Blue Valentine in my tiny town, but we did just get The King's Speech (which you have to go see), so, maybe. We definitely don't have a theater like yours. Oh, the big city livin' :)
ReplyDeletemy chicago friend :) i am so glad to be back! and i'm just going to be honest, i'm completely ready to go back through your posts and see what all i've missed. you're kind of my source for an inside look at that fabulous city.
ReplyDeleteI've heard blue valentine was intense, and it had lots of controversy with the ratings board. maybe that;s why no oscar.
ReplyDeleteI saw Blue Valentine (at Century on Clark), and I cried about Blue Valentine, and I wrote about Blue Valentine in my journal. There are just no words for it. It was superb. Love, love, love.
ReplyDeleteyou know what i love about you? that when i see A.MAZ.ING on your blog i know EXACTLY how you are saying it just like our queen miss zoe :)
ReplyDeleteThankyou for what you said about me, i'm rather touched :) xxx
Hearts and sparkles to you my love! THanks for again posting about the giveaway. And for serious can we start a "Ryan Gossling was robbed" campaign....love love love your face!
ReplyDeletelove your weekend and am definitely going to check out blue valentine. i keep hearing so many great things about it.
ReplyDeletehada family sleepover at my parents house this weekend and my mom made my favourite dish ever. felt so loved and safe and happy!
That bracelet! Be still my beating heart!
ReplyDeleteBacon popcorn...WHAT? OMG!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great weekend-- can't wait to rent Blue Valentine when it comes out. And man, I need a pedicure soooo bad! This year FOR SURE I'm going to get one as soon as it's sandal weather :-)
ReplyDeleteI mussssst see Blue Valentine. I hear it's amazing. Also that bracelet is FABULOUS and I want that damn cake! Always a treat to read your blog :)
ReplyDeleteI was about to leave a well thought out and put together comment, but then, THEN I saw that photo of the cake and my brain went into meltdown!! Was it as good as it looks?!?! x
ReplyDeleteIt's freezing here in Texas and becaue of the snow and ice we got the whole day off work! :) I'm sure it's NOTHING compared to Chicago haha I was watching the Today Show and Al Roker was talking from the Shedd Aquarium there in your grand city and I was thinking of you :) I looooove your Windy City, but I wouldn't be able to deal with this cold! It's bad enough here haha
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to see Blue Valentine!!! :) The previews already made me teary eyed!
That theater looks awesome! You can have a whole date night right there! I've been hearing really great things about that movie. I'll have to check it out!
ReplyDeleteStarted website again! Sending thanks to you-your blog is inspiring! More pictures of you please-those are my favorite posts. =)
ReplyDeleteOh, and weekend was fabulous.
My weekends are now about movies, movies and movies... with my unlimited pass the door to heaven is open! I loved the new Clint Eastwood, entre autre, among others. Black Swan shall enter Paris on Feb 9! Yay.
ReplyDeletelove the decor, so beautiful and glad to hear that you liked Blue Valentine, I've been on the fence on whether to see it or not and now I think I'll take the leap of faith. Also - that cake looks SO super good, glad you had some yummy dessert!
ReplyDeleteHa! I've been to that movie theatre a few times and YES had the bacon popcorn and YES had the fabulous panini... unreal. Oh Chicago, how I love you so! :)
ReplyDelete