10.22.2010

Our Cabining Adventure!

Hello dears!  Happy Friday to each and every one of you!  I hope this week brought you lots of fall colors, pumpkin spice lattes and comfy sweaters!  Growing up, I was never very appreciative of the autumn season, but now, I simply cannot get enough!  Last weekend, I took a mini-road trip with some dear friends and appreciated all this weather had to offer.


Life has been unexpectedly hectic lately (I swear, someday I will explain, but am just not ready), so it was nice to get away for a weekend of fun with my girlfriends - plus one guy!  I left the hubby at home and rented a "cabin" across Lake Michigan in northwest Indiana.  We typically go "cabining" each fall - and by "cabining", I mean, we rent a really redonkulous house!  (Fans of the show "Pretty Little Liars" might be familiar with the term "glamping", or "glam camping"!) This gorgeous home had SIX levels, a gourmet kitchen with a HUGE wine refrigerator, five bedrooms, private decks, and a hot tub!  It was simply incredible.  Many thanks to my friend Christy for starting this tradition!


cabinL


(This is the back view of the house!)


We had the perfect view of the city skyline from our own little beach!




cabinS


cabinE


Most of our time was spent cooking and playing lots of games, but on Saturday morning, we ventured to a local apple orchard / pumpkin patch for some fall fun!  We wandered through the corn maze...


cabinBF



And while we waited for the hayride, I had no problem chowing down on a delicious caramel apple...


cabinBD

And oddly enough, I became fascinated with a random red balloon.  What can I say?  Easily amused.

cabinBG

Le sigh.  What a wonderful weekend!


How do you embrace the autumn season?

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that place looks ridiculously awesome! Definitely not like the cabins I'm used to in Northern WI.

    Autumn for me usually means pumpkin patches, apple orchards, going up north, haunted house, hayrides and CANDY CORN! Oh and I can't forget hot apple cider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds fantastic!!! I LOVE Autumn! The manfriend and I have been apple picking and pumpkin tailgating (this is a tailgate with pumpkin and fall-themed beer only) in the country all October, and this weekend we're meant to carve our pumpkins on my fire escape (such is city life)! I relish wearing boots and scarves and actually wanting a hot coffee instead of an iced one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures. Im jealous you get to experience real fall weather. We get cheated her in CALI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to think I used to have to put up with tents! That looks like my sort of cabin... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. If fall looked anything like this over here I'd embrace ever single second of it. :) I'm just so utterly jealous you're having such a great fall season...and omg...that mansion/cabin looks awesome!!! Definitely something I would want to spend my weekend in. :D

    Happy weekend to you girl.
    If you get to grab a pumpkin spice latte, think of me please. ;) Thanks.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh. my. gosh. thats major glamping!!! thats a mega mansion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so my idea of camping too! What a beautiful place and a great way to relax a bit! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks BEAUTIFUL. What an amazing idea!!! While I'm sorry it's been a bit rough for you lately, I'm super jealous of this trip!!

    In Phoenix we embrace autumn by actually being able to go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's my kind of camping trip! Sounds like it was a much needed getaway (and in Indiana, of all places - gotta love my home state!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds perfect! Loving all the photos and I so know what you mean about not appreciating the autumn when you were younger. I was the same way but I cherish every single thing about it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that place is GORGEOUS!!! i really need to go "cabining"! haha!

    no pumpkin spice lattes for me...i prefer embracing all things halloween to get into the fall/autumn season.

    hope you had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That's an amazing house! Next time, invite me! Ok?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that home sounds FABULOUS!! What a fun getaway :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like so much fun! And yes, I watch PLL ;)

    We don't have a real fall here in LA, but I try to get up to an area east of the city where there are some apple orchards that allow me to feel like I am experiencing a real autumn.

    P.S. Head over to my blog andcheck out my latest giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness, That caramel apple looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh i love love love!

    i also love that we live in cities where we get to experience the extremes of each season.

    shout out to mama nature!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so cute holding that little caramel apple--like a kid in a candy store :)

    Love the view from the cabin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...