10.10.2010

Halloween Help!

Oh, Halloween.  The one day each year where we can, without guilt,  consume ginormous amounts of candy and, for some, take any costume idea and "sex" it up.  (I'm waiting for the day when I see a slutty Pilgrim costume!)  If you're like me, you LOVE the candy part, but just never felt quite comfortable attending a slew of parties while baring your midriff.  So, you can imagine my frustration when I visit costume shops each year, only to find that my options require fishnet tights and a washboard stomach.


Over the past few years, I've been quite proud of my choices.   I've felt comfortable and slightly creative.


Here is my adorable husband as Dwight Schrute from "The Office", with myself as a Ghostbuster.  The costume came with a proton pack and everything!  


DSC01063

Here we are once again, as Jack Bauer (I was obsessed with "24"!) and Earl from "My Name is Earl".


misc halloween 07 023


And last year, as Mary Poppins.


IMG_2410

As you can see, I enjoy costumes that keep me warm and fully clothed.  This is where I am seeking your help!  I need ideas!  Any suggestions for creative costumes?  What are you dressing as for Halloween?

Perhaps I should just be a fully-clothed Pilgrim?



Photobucket

33 comments:

  1. I am in love with your Mary Poppins costume! It is spot on! I'm with you, I don't want to show a ton of skin. I was going to be a zombie this year and do some crazy makeup and just tear a few parts in my clothes and put leaves in my hair, but now I'm starting to shy away from it. Hah! But I like the idea of being something "traditional" when it comes to Halloween since I never have before. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just be a witch! I don't know :-/ I'll keep looking back at your comments for ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love them all! :) I struggled so much to think of an idea this year - its hard being a brunette in glasses to find a good one haha and the ones in shops are so unbelievably sexy to the point of being obscene... I decided on Lily from the Munsters in the end as she stays covered up haha.

    Are there any other tv shows you love you could do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrible with Halloween. I have ALWAYS wanted to wear a poodle skirt but I have yet to do it.

    This year we're going as a guido and guidette because Dustin NEEDED to. So I guess I'll be a bit slutty this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your past costumes have been great. I admittedly don't like Halloween, candy, and costumes and haven't dressed up in years, but have to dress up this year. I have no ideas for ya, but am sure you will come up with something great seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Mary Poppins costume! I wish Halloween were more common here so that I would have a chance of dressing up as well! I only celebrated Halloween once in the USA, and I went as a Nun, because I didn't want the kids I was taking care of seeing me in a slutty costume and I didn't want to scare them either, and well then there weren't to many choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny I'm watching Ghostbusters right this second! Haven't watched it in probably 20 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable! What about Pam? I was Pam last year (there's a post on it on my blog) and you totally get to wear a cute cardigan and curl your hair and stay nice and warm and unbared!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Mary Poppins costume! I've gone as Tina Turner, Cheetara from Thundercats, and a Greek god, to name a few. Maybe one of those would work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first picture of your husband is totally creeping me out!!

    I have no costume suggestions! Well, what about Lady Gaga? The meat dress she had could be warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in LOVE with these pictures! I love that you both chose creative costumes and didn't go the easy route. That said...I have no help to give you! Lol sorry lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree. I have my idea already for this year, but am not spilling it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh. I have no creative Halloween energy in my body. So I really should be asking you for ideas :) Or I'll just steal one of your old ones. Either way

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your costumes! Mary Poppins is fantastic!

    It is super hard to find a cute, not slutty costume. I think I am probably recyling a costume I used for a Superhero themed birthday party last year. I'm going as Bubbles, the Powerpuff Girl! My roommate and I showed up wearing the same costume...except I was the family-friendly Bubbles and she was the PG-13 Bubbles. Just a bit awkward! :) Good luck finding a costume! Can't wait to hear what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of those! I know what you mean! I never wear those "sexy" costumes. This year I'm going as an indian and the costume is NOT the sexy one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that Mary Poppins one is SOOOOOOO CUTE, I can't even take it! I'm not any help right now because I've been trying to think of something myself... however, I think a pilgrim is an adorable idea! Love your costumes' past!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your Mary Poppins costume!
    I'm with you on the fully clothed and warm thing. My days of dressing like a hooker for Halloween are behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo the Mary Poppins idea is soo cute!! Yeah I always have a problem with Halloween because I'm neither a twig or have a flatboard stomach. The Ghostbuster idea is too cute as well! I did see a slutty Pilgrim costume on a couple halloween site I have to say. It's a lil weird. Good luck choosing this year! I love that your hubbie was Earl! That rocks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your vote dear! Really appreciate it.

    Maybe you could dress up as a French maid or why not a cancan girl? In remembrance of your great European tour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahaha the My name is Earl is hilarious. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. perfect costumes!!!

    can't decide what i'll do this year!...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmm, tough decision, especially to top the past few years. I can't really offer to help as I'm not really cool enough to go to Halloween parties. I usually walk around with my sister and her niece in my normal clothes. Boring. I agree that it can be hard finding a costume that doesn't involve something a bit too sexy. Not sure what the deal is. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are sooo cute!!! your outfit last year was dead-on though i'm looooving the ghost busters!!!

    i hear ya sister on the tummy bearing outfits.. though you could totally pull off the filthy pilgrim. LOL!!!

    i'm thinking wonder woman this year :)

    hopefully the spandex hides everything lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, you were such a cute Mary Poppins! I posted about my costume tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are awesome!

    A few years ago a couple that we know were foozball players. They dressed in matching soccer uniforms and had a wooden pole between them. It was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you should be Sue Sylvester!! Or if that's too dowdy, you could totally be a cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  26. your costumes rock!!!

    i think you'd make a great anne of green gables although i am not sure if everyone would get it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw, what a cute costume retrospective!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mary Poppins! How cute! I don't dress up. It takes to much thought and planning.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ha! I love these costumes! I miss Jack :(

    This year I am giong to be a (less slutty version) Snooki. And I will wear a sweater if I am cold. Forget that! I hate when girls are half naked but they aren't fooling anyone. We all know they are freezing!

    Last year I was Amelia Eirhart. Just got a leather jacket, sarf, Amelia flying cap and goggles. I could have just been a poilot too, with aviator glasses instead of the hat and goggles.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are so cute! I'm struggling this year . . . last year I was Cupid, which was cute and fun (I had leaves around my ankles and in my hair, bow and arrow, Roman looking dress & felt hearts pinned on me, metallic sandals!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. that last one is funny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...