It was fun to read your comments on my last post, as many of you couldn't believe I actually forgot about my 30th birthday (which, in case you want to send gifts, is this Friday). I know it sounds crazy, but until someone brings it up, I honestly keep forgetting about it. Until this weekend. I caught a glimpse of how my life might change as my friends and I enter our 30's. You see, the hubs and I attended a first birthday party, and we were the only people at the party WITHOUT children. I honestly never thought I'd see the day. Today at work, several colleagues were discussing the finer points of their children's bowel movements. And then I realized (after getting slightly grossed out)...
...this was 30, bitch-slapping me in the face. We're all getting older. More and more friends are starting to have kids. First birthday parties and human excrement, well, it's LIFE. It's happening right now. And while maybe I am not ready for those changes personally, it's both weird and exciting to accept the fact that priorities are shifting. Maybe there will be new homes and babies and travel and what not. I just hope that the convos about excrement are severely limited:)
But don't worry, I am getting off my soapbox to share a bit about the weekend. It was filled with:
A foggy run along the lakefront

Excitement for my new Johnny Cupcakes shirt and leather jacket


(I love pretending to be a photographer...)
Cupcakes galore!

And of course, the cute little birthday girl.

Despite piles of new toys, she'd rather play with a water bottle instead...
But enough about me and my musings - how was YOUR weekend???
Meghan! Send me a cupcake! Ugh, it was hot here too. And of course out air conditioning isn't working. Bleh no fun!
ReplyDeleteOh happy birthday in advance. So jealous that the weather is warming up for you guys. It is wet and miserable here!
ReplyDeleteHehe, I love that 30 bitch slapped you in the face:)
ReplyDeleteYour new cupcake shirt is awesome!!
ohh, it's raining in Melbourne today!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your shirt & that skirt looks amazing.
Happy birthday for friday, sending you cupcake hugs, have fun
♥
I have been hearing WAY too much about poop lately from various sources. Please e-slap me if I ever turn into one of those people that shares that information so freely.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the new cupcake shirt and jacket! That outfit rocks and those duckcakes are adorable. :)
Great photographs. I love the cupcakes and your kid is really cute!
ReplyDeleteyay summer! what a wonderfully warm weekend. we had a holiday here in canada so it was a lovely long weekend! i don't even mind that i had to come out of the sun early with a crazy heat rash :)
ReplyDeleteUmmm, i love Johnny Cupcakes....love LOVE!!
ReplyDeleteAnd weekend was good...a wedding, a birthday and some relaxation...can't complain:)
Those cupcakes look awesome!
ReplyDeleteahahaha johnny cupcakes shirt!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh what a little cutie! Sounds like my niece that always likes the wrapping paper better than the gift. All our friends are having babies at the moment too.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend! :) Love the shirt! :)
ReplyDeleteJust so you know... I have absolutely no idea how to convince you to watch lost! Ha ha. Its so weird and I always have a completely puzzled look on my face when the episode is done. But if it helps I am not normally into anything like that and I didnt watch it at all and then the boy was like you should watch lost its soo cool. And it was already on series 4. So I went in search of people that owned series one of DVD and somehow from then I was completely hooked!Lost DVDs were like my crack. And I watched series 1-4 in like two weeks. Then 5 came on and I watched that with everyone else and now six. And now its nearly over and I can safely say I will totally miss it. Now watch it! Hahah xx
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a great weekend. I love your cupcake shirt, it's super cute
ReplyDeleteha, I hope those conversations are limited for you as well :)
ReplyDeleteI think you're handling it fabulously. I feel like I'm being bitch slapped by 25 as all my friends are buying houses and getting married etc... bah.
I love your tshirt though :)
I know the feeling about EVERYONE starting to have babies. I know six of my friends who are pregnant - it's crazy! I just got married and am NOT ready for kiddies just yet. I'm too selfish - so many more things I want to do with my life before I start reproducing. Although that baby is quite adorable!
ReplyDeleteI know that feeling, everyone got kids but me, well not everyone but most of my friends do have kids by now. I do consider joining a group on facebook which my sister in law all ready joined, its called "My friends get kids, I get hangovers".
ReplyDeleteOH how fun! That party looks like a blast... even if you were the only couple there without a baby on board :) Maybe soon you will?!
ReplyDeleteAnd it officially hit 80 degrees here in Michigan so I was rather excited as well. I LOVE SUMMER!
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! 5 minutes after I put the muffins in the oven, I smelled something burning and I was like oh dear! When I opened the oven, it was all the extra pouring out onto the bottom of the oven! So after I was done, I had to get down and clean my oven!
ReplyDeletelove that t-shirt! looking forward to my guest post!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your top! And I LOVE the cuppies. Eeek, 30! I am in that same boat later this year and am NOT looking forward to it!
ReplyDeleteUmmm love the leather look lady!
ReplyDelete30 is great! You still have the time to have babies but i understand how weird it is when your friends are talking babies.....Love the shirt and Jacket...Cute pics..
ReplyDeleteThank you for your friendship :)
XOXO
Frenchy
oh em gee...i know EXACTLY what you mean and how you feel when you describe growing up and being at our age. for me, it sucks. i mean babies are cute and all but i like my bulldogs better and irresponsibility suits me better than children's bowel movements. ew!
ReplyDeletei say there's more to life than that...like being 30 and doing YOU! yup! so enjoy lady! you're young, fabulous and child-less!!!
Thats funny you forgot about your 30th birthday. I guess it's both scary and exciting to think about those changes that will happen in your life.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that cupcake tower!
Oh I LOVE your shirt!! =)
ReplyDeleteAw, the birthday girl's adorable! And I love your cupcake shirt. Isn't it crazy how fast time flies by. Before you know it, the things that seemed so foreign when we were younger become part of everyday life. Keep doing what you're doing, and what's right for you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteDon't let others dictate what you should be doing with your life.. you'll know when youre ready!
those cupcakes look divine!
xxx
it's the little things that's why ;) i love the waterbottle choice-- WHAT A CUTIE!!!
ReplyDeletei'm in need of one of those cupcakes please!!
I LOVE your belted skirt combo with your new t :)
and i can't get over your hair color!!!
i work a lot on the phone and this woman asked me what my name was to keep me as a contact-- i told her and then she said, "i pictured you as a redhead with fair skin"--
ha
i told her i wished i was readheaded. Your color is so pretty!
i would frame that foggy lakefront photo. gorgeous!
30 is fabulous remember? thanks to our SATC girls :)
And the fascination with water bottles doesn't change. The dude still plays with them. LOVE that cupcake too. So cute!
ReplyDeleteMeghan you are just so cuteeeee! I want to scoop you up and pop you in my pocket. Goodness me! And your shirt. Oh your shirt. I swoon.
ReplyDeletecute shirt, cute cupcakes, cute baby! cute you!
ReplyDelete