So, even though I am under the weather and the hypochondriac in me is CONVINCED it's the swine (although my husband will tell you I am just being dramatic)...two things have made me super happy today!
#1 - I won an award!

Wendy, of the adorable blog Red Boots, awarded me with the "I Think You're an Awesome Girl" award. I am so flattered and honored, and Wendy - right back at ya! If you haven't checked out her blog, you should do so NOW. Wendy lives in Scotland and I love reading about her adventures. She treasures life's little gifts, which is something I think we should all do. So thank you, Wendy, for getting me out of my funk and brightening my week!
#2 - This is just more funny than anything, but according to Business Week, Tinley Park was voted the number one spot in the country to raise a family.
For those of you who have never heard of good ole' TP, I don't blame you...Tinley Park is a suburb of Chicago and IS MY HOMETOWN! I have to admit...after hearing the news, I was somewhat bewildered. Don't get me wrong...I had an amazing childhood and I have many fond memories of TP, but the NUMBER ONE place in the NATION??? Sure, it has great schools, nice homes, etc. - but was I the only one who thought it was the most boring place on earth growing up? Does everyone feel that way about their hometown?
Surely, the deciding factor was Teehan's...a tiny, hole-in-the-wall bar with dollar drafts, an amazing jukebox, and of course, plenty of debauchery.
Oh suburbs, how I (don't) miss thee...but secretly, I am really proud of you:)
Feel better, Doll! Drink lots of fluids and rest, as my mother would tell you.
ReplyDeleteYay! You deserve it! And hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeletexx
ps: Yes yes yes, the Flaming Lips released masses of huge balloons! So jealous your husband gets to see them and Phoenix - I love Phoenix and Flaming Lips were truly truly amazing ! I have heard of Pete Yorn, but I can't place any of his songs - will have to look him up on Youtube. I'm sure he'll have an incredible time!
A fabulous hole in the wall bar is a necessity for any good neighborhood! Ah ha
ReplyDelete