The first concert I ever attended was Hootie and the Blowfish.
Is that embarrassing? Or is it somewhat cool for its time, because I like to think Hootie was somewhat cool circa 1994. PLUS - I immediately followed that concert with Alanis Morissette - and we all know her album "Jagged Little Pill" ROCKED and we all screamed that one particular line in "You Oughta Know" when she drops the F-bomb. I guess I like to think Alanis redeemed me from the fact that Hootie may or may not have been cool. Hmm.
What was YOUR first concert?
My first concert was Q101s Jamboree circa 1996 where I saw No Doubt, Filter, Korn ( yeah, Korn), Cypres Hill and the Foo Fighters.I got a giant cup of mountain dew thrown in my hair and and later, punched in the face while in a mosh pit. Dave Grohl kindly requested for the crowd to stop throwing Mentos at him, apparently they are quite painful. Cypres hill tossed bags of weed into the crowd. Oh 8th grade how awesome you were. Ps not even the power of alanis can redeem you from hootie ;)
ReplyDeleteNew Kids, big shocker. Though I must brag about how me and Lisa had 2nd row to Hootie and the drummer waved to us. Yeah.
ReplyDeleteBrinnehl!!! SERIOUSLY, It was FRONT row! Not to steal Meghan's thunder or anything.
ReplyDeleteMy first concert...Lollapalooza '94 -- before it sucked (think Smashing Pumpkins Beastie Boys and the Breeders). I had a broken leg but Joyce let me go because:
a. I won tix on the radio and
b. I threatened suicide if she didn't let me go