Anywho, I am not sure if you have any interest in this, but when I was running one morning, I thought I'd ease back into blogging with a "day in the life" post so you could catch a glimpse of my world these days. And I have to admit…this was actually a lot of fun:)
4:30 a.m. - Layla wakes up. She had gone to bed at 7:30 the night before, and this was her first wake-up. A quick nursing session usually puts her back down for another few hours. I don't mind it:)
5:15 a.m. - Though I never really fell back asleep, my alarm goes off. I get dressed and head down to the basement to run.
5:35 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. - I run two miles. I stop because a.) I have to pee, and b.) Layla is stirring. Since she's teething and she is up, I assume she has a dirty diaper. I go upstairs to change her.
6:08 a.m. - Run one more mile.
6:18 a.m. - I look over my planner, make some coffee, put away last night's pots/pans, and hop in the shower.
6:22 a.m. -As I get out of the shower, I contemplate taking a pic of Mike sleeping. Then, I realize that I am taking last night's leftovers (chicken stir fry) for lunch, and it wouldn't be nice to do both that AND take an embarassing pic, so I let it go:) I head downstairs, where I unload the dishwasher and eat breakfast.
6:52 a.m. - I finish getting ready (hair, dressed, etc) while Mike tends to Layla, who just woke up.
(Breakfast time! This wild-haired lady is having some waffles and strawberries. She babbles away while she eats.)
7:18 a.m. - Mike's cousin Lindsay arrives. She watches Layla on Wednesdays. We chat about the day, and Mike and I head out the door!
(One last pic before we leave!)
7:28 a.m. - I stop at the cleaners to drop of Mike's shirts (we have a wedding to attend on Friday so this is a crucial stop). I also swing through Dunkin Donuts for some coffee.
(Drive-thru selfie!)
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Late Start Wednesday. I am able to do LOTS of copying and lesson planning, because it's one of the rare Wednesdays where I don't have a meeting. Also, on my way to the copy room, someone mentions that a new bakery is opening in town and they are giving away FREE mini bundt cakes. Umm. Best.Day.Ever.
(A mini white chocolate raspberry bundt cake? Yes please.)
9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - My school day. I teach US History, Sociology and Chicago History this year. I also have a sophomore advisory. Day flies by, as usual.
3:47 p.m. - I leave work for the day after prepping for the following day and catching up with my friend Kim.
4:00 p.m. - I walk in the door. Lindsay tells me all about the day, and I spend the next few hours with Layla: nursing, afternoon solid food snack, packing lunches / diaper bags for tomorrow, and playing with her.
(I am so exhasuted already that I don't care that Layla is playing with the TV remotes.)
5:30 p.m. - Mike comes home. We catch up for a few minutes, and then I head downstairs to run (I didn't get in all of my mileage in the morning) while Mike hangs out with Layla.
5:47 p.m. - Head back upstairs. Feed Layla solid food and catch up on some emails.
6:23 p.m. - Bath time for Layla.
6:38 p.m. - My brother Kevin stops by to pick up camping equipment. He stays for dinner - we order pizza and salads. I let Kevin and Mike catch up after dinner while I give Layla her nightly bottle.
7:30 p.m. - Bed time for Layla
7:30 - 8:34 p.m. - Mike and I watch TV and hang out in the basement. We discuss how overwhelmed I feel with work, marathon training, etc. He's awesome about helping me compartmentalize all of these feelings. I love him.
8:34 p.m. - Get ready for bed. Make sure clothes are ready for following day.
9:15 p.m. - Asleep:)
So, that's it folks. It's not very glamorous or exciting, but hey, it's my life. Thanks for reading!
There's a Chicago history class? How cool!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very busy day, you make me kind of exhausted!
Yeah, life is just overwhelming! Kudos to you for fitting your runs in!!! I am excited for your marathon and hope that this time is the charm. I love how much you can get done in the morning - I feel like I stumble around and still stumble out the door. I literally change Evan's diaper while he's still sleeping in bed and sometimes he sleeps through it and sleeps through being transferred to his car seat and is still asleep when Ivan drops me off at the bus stop. No one even eats breakfast at our house - we all pack breakfasts and eat at our respective places. Ugg. One day maybe life will seem less hectic!
ReplyDeleteBusy, busy mama!!
ReplyDeleteI need to start getting up early in the morning to run, finding the motivation is so hard though!
If you can make it through these next 4 weeks, you'll be golden. Thank heavens for the basement mill, right?
ReplyDeleteYou are my idol! You fit in everything I aim to fit in on any given day and we don't even have kids yet. Rock it, Mama!
ReplyDeleteYou rock, momma! I need to try and run more in the mornings... I don't know why but I seem to have more motivation in the late afternoons/evenings. BUT I always feel better throughout the day when I run in the am!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds hectic but isn't fully that much {not saying it's nothing!!, just so we are clear}. You rock doing all of this and I know you will succeed beautifully. :) Also, this post inspired me to look at my daily work and hours and what not...makes me curious how I live life. :)
ReplyDeleteBusy, crazy day! Layla's hair is adorable! And, yes Dunkin Donuts is a part of my week (not every day) as well!
ReplyDeleteI am exhausted just reading about it. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool about Wednesdays! I did not know school did that.
Oh my gosh! I don't know how you do it day in and day out! That is one busy day!
ReplyDeleteHi, great reading your blog
ReplyDelete