* I return to work in one month. Le sigh. I know it's going to break my heart to leave my sweet little girl, but at the same time, I am excited to see my colleagues and students. Until then, I am trying to spend as much time as I can with Layla and Mike and work on projects around the house. Since Mike (he works from home a few days each week!) and my mom will be watching Layla during the day, I know that our situation is an ideal one, and I couldn't imagine two better people to leave Layla with.
Yep. This is me, at 7:00 a.m. Scary, right??? Immediately following this photo, Layla spit up in my hair. Regardless, our early morning feeding is my favorite time of day, because afterwards, we cuddle and usually fall back asleep:)
Layla loves The Beatles! :)
* I am really proud of where I am at physically (although you are probably surprised to read this based on the above photo - yikes!). Between Pure Barre and Orange Theory Fitness classes, I feel pretty strong at 10 weeks post-partum. I love the Pure Barre classes because I get to work on the core and overall strength. Orange Theory Fitness is a 60-minute class that rotates between treadmill intervals and rowing/weights. So, through those classes, I've been able to return to running. In my excitement, I've also signed up for a few races, including the Shamrock Shuffle (8K), The 500 Festival Mini-Marathon in Indianapolis (half-marathon) and the Soldier Field 10-Miler. Care to join me for any of them??? (P.S. - Look for a blog post soon on my marathon thoughts…will I FINALLY complete 26.2???)
* Speaking of running, would you all be so kind as to vote for me? I entered a contest to win an all-expense paid trip for myself and a lucky reader to Napa to run the ZOOMA Women's Half-Marathon. I was an ambassador for the ZOOMA Great Lakes race a few years ago, and I had a wonderful experience. Since I love to run, and I LOVE wine (Mike and I actually went to Napa Valley on our honeymoon!), I figured this was a perfect contest for me:) Granted, I am not a "big-time" blogger, so I doubt I will win, but I really appreciate your help in at least giving it a shot. All you have to do is go HERE and click on my picture - no sign-ups necessary!
Sarah, Tracy and I, post-ZOOMA Great Lakes.
* I really, REALLY need to do a house tour blog post. Our new place is finally coming together, and I am excited to show you!
* Mike and I have been watching a lot of the Oscar-nominated films. So far, we've seen:
American Hustle - LOVED the acting, loved the character development, thought the story was difficult to follow. Jennifer Lawrence was HILARIOUS.
August: Osage County - Same as above. Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts definitely deserve Oscar nominations for their performances, but the story itself left much to be desired.
Dallas Buyers Club - Holy cow. What a powerful story. Both Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto deserve their nominations as well.
The Wolf of Wall Street - DAMN, this was a long movie. I had heard how lewd it was, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. I also think both Leo and Jonah Hill deserve their nominations as well, and it blows my mind how far Jonah Hill has come in his career.
* I AM GETTING A NEW BLOG! Well, I am in the market for a redesign, a move to Wordpress, and…ready for this…A NEW NAME! I have a few ideas in mind but if there is anything you'd like to contribute let me know:)
Anywho, that's what's been happening in my neck of the woods! Have you seen any of the Oscar-nominated films? How are YOU?!?!?!
I voted for you- what a great giveaway and opportunity through ZOOMA! And that Organge Theory Fitness class sounds AWESOME but intense...in a good way!
ReplyDeleteValerie
www.the-style-files.com
I think I cried a little more in that last month before heading back to work. It was like the end of an era! Now that I'm back, it isn't so bad. I don't like leaving her, of course, but I feel much better leaving her with family and I enjoy being back in the working environment.
ReplyDeleteOf course I will vote for you!
I'm dying to see American Hustle. The hubs and I are planning our first Patsy-less DATE NIGHT to the movies next month, and I hope American Hustle is still in the theaters! Although, I'll probably have to pump while I'm gone. That won't be awkward or anything, pumping the movie theater! HAHA
I will definitely head over to that website and vote for you, Meghan! My best friend is doing that race in Napa! It sounds incredible...Napa is one of my absolute favorite places on earth. When I was there, I felt like I was in heaven (not exaggerating in the least). I LOVE that you and Mike chose to go there for your honeymoon! I bet it was perfect!
ReplyDeleteLayla is getting cuter and cuter by the day. I always audibly "awww" every time you post a photo of her on Instagram :)
So glad to hear of all of these happy things!
Going back to work was hardbut knowing my mom was watching Collin made things easier. Does that make sense? Now that I have 2 kiddies it was too much for her to handle so we made the decision for me to stay home for a year or two. I love being a mom but I miss having a career and the people I worked with.
ReplyDeleteI saw American Hustle and really liked it but agree with the storyline was complicated.
I voted for you!! So hope you get to go back to Napa!
Can't wait to see your blog makeover!
ReplyDeleteThey are opening an OrangeTheory in Jax! I just looked it, and i think it might be just what i need to stay motivated for my weight loss goals. I always fall off track when my work schedule gets hairy. When my schedule is set, it is easy to plan!
ReplyDeleteWah 1 month! TIme flies too fast! But you've got a great support system in place so it's all good. All the best with the blog redo. I haven't seen any of the nominated movies, which is par for the course for me. Going to vote!
ReplyDeleteI voted for you!
ReplyDeleteI loved American Hustle. August: Osage - whoa. Meryl and Julia were AMAZING. Makes me feel like my family is oh so normal! I thought the end needed a bit more. I had heard that. The Wolf. Just too long to deal w/Wall Street sleeze - not planning to see that one! I want to see Dallas Buyer's Club for sure.
Why the new blog?
A new blog name?! Exciting! I've often considered changing mine (since it was really just a place holder until I thought of something more clever), but wonder how that works. I mean, I'd hate to lose one of my handful of readers if I changed! ;)
ReplyDeleteI really hope you win the ZOOMA trip - I think it'd be so cool if they limited contests like that to smaller, perhaps lesser-known blogs, but of course that's not the way it works. But I voted for you anyway! Racing in Napa would be pretty sweet.
Yay for seeing so many films! Uh oh on American Hustle being difficult to follow though. I really want to see it and I can't follow complicated things (let's be real).
ReplyDeleteI am excited about your blog makeover and new name!
And excited you are feeling so strong! Just take this out "although you are probably surprised to read this based on the above photo - yikes!" LOL. You are taking care of a baby in the early am! You don't get all dolled up for that!
I loved The Wolf of Wall Street. Leo was fantastic in it!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see American Hustle, I laughed at all of the previews with Jennifer Lawrence!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for the revamp of the blog, yay!! And I hope you are going to try to run a 26.2 sometime in the future!!
So many fun things happening, friend!! I totally think you'll nail a 26.2 this year! Especially if you're already feeling so strong so quickly post-partum! Proud of you!
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally need to get on the movie watching situation! Too bad everything comes out here a month or so late and only sticks around for like 2 weeks, haha!
I want to watch all the movies you have already seen. So interested in Dallas Buyers Club and even Wolf of Wall Street. Just need to find the time. I'm really contemplating about starting to blog again. Looks like everyone is switching to Wordpress. And yes please you need to do a house your, I want to see!
ReplyDeleteI want to see all these movies but I never make the time! I really want to see Nebraska because my cousin was the Assistant Casting Director but just haven't made time. Bad cousin!
ReplyDeleteJust voted for you! Motherhood looks good on you!
ReplyDeleteI really want to see August: Osage County and Dallas Buyers Club!! I also really loved American Hustle. Jennifer Lawrence is the best ever.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your new brand!
That is so nice that your mom can keep Layla!! That is the perfect situation.
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally forgot for a minute what it's like to smell like spit up 90% of the time lol!
Is Mike only a photographer or does he do something else too? I want to see American hustle but the oscar nominated films are always so weird!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, a new blog!?!?
ReplyDeleteAre you moving all your content from here to Wordpress or just starting over?
I agree with you on all the movie comments!! I loved American Hustle and Jennifer Lawrence really was hilarious. I can't wait to see your house because you always have such great style. Wordpress?! You'll have to share your link before the actual move over so I don't lose you!
ReplyDeleteSo many awesome things happening for you!! I love that you are confident in where you are, and I'm excited to see where your running takes you! I'm also excited to see what you transition your blog to and view the house tour! Layla is just too cute!!
ReplyDelete