*Tears for Fears - "Break It Down Again" ( A definite "WTF?" moment when you hear it on Q101, but the memories came back. Like, I was driving in the car w / my mom to a softball game, I ran into my teacher, and told him I was going to be President of the United States someday. Seriously?)
* 4 Non Blondes - "What's Up" (I gave my 7th grade boyfriend this CD for his birthday. He was super cute and ridiculously smart. I wonder what happened to him...)
* Nirvana - "Heart Shaped Box" (No specific memories here, although I remember being grossed out everytime they sang "I wish I could eat your cancer when it turns black".)
* The Breeders - "Cannonball" (I am pretty sure this was on a volleyball warm-up tape at some point in junior high. And I do remember feeling super badass when I realized that The Dandy Warhols had a song called "Cool as Kim Deal" and I was like, "I totally get it!")
* Duran Duran - "Ordinary World" (I tote remember this video. I am pretty sure there was a model in a really weird outfit.)
I am SO excited that someone else has been listening to "16 Years in 16 Days"!!!! I am obsessed with 90's rock and have been enjoying my drive to and from work more than EVER. Can you believe Pearl Jam's Better Man was from 1995????? That was 13 FU@#ING YEARS AGO!!!!!!! We are getting SO OLD!
ReplyDelete