5.13.2014

Layla: 6 Month Update!

Hi everyone!  We're back with another Layla update!  I cannot believe this little bean is six months old!  She's growing SO fast, and I love watching her discover new things and develop a little personality each day.  Here's where we're at!

Layla is currently:  Six months and 5 days old

image
(No more infant carrier in the stroller!  It makes SUCH a difference when running!)

Weight: 17 lbs., 4 oz. (This puts her in the 75th percentile.)

Height: 27.5 inches (This puts her in the 91st percentile.)

Clothing:  As crazy as it sounds, Layla is in all 9 and 12 month outfits - and honestly, the 9-month stuff is a little tight.  She is just so darn long!



image
(Our attempt at six month photos…she just doesn't want to stop moving!)

Nicknames: (Same as last time!) I have NO idea how this started, but we call her our "little bean", which has also carried over into calling her "Layla Bean".  Honestly, this should have just been her middle name all along.

Health/Diet:  Layla is one tough, healthy little lady!  She still receives mostly breastmilk and formula (organic) - I'd say the ratio is 70:30 (breastmilk to formula).  My milk supply has taken a pretty big hit over the past month, and my freezer stash is pretty much gone.  I am still pumping at work and in the evenings, although I can only fit in one session at work.  And I still nurse if she wakes at night (usually around 4am), before I leave for work, and when I get home.  So, I am glad we still have that time together. 


Also, we decided to try a few solids!  Layla has been mesmerized by watching people eat, and has been mimicking our chewing, so we figured we'd give it a go!  So far, she hates butternut squash, but will tolerate avocado.  She constantly tries to grab the spoon and feed herself as well!


Started the day off strong - and was completely derailed by work crap. It's been a rough morning but I just keep focusing on this face:) (Snapped this at 6am. Little lady woke up very excited & happy - and about an hour early. So, she got to hang out in m


Sleep
:  So far, so good!  Layla is an awesome napper during the day for Mike.  She takes at least three 1.5-2 hour naps.  We usually start the bedtime routine around 6:45-7:00, and she is asleep by 7:30 at the latest.  She was waking around 12-1am, and then again at 4am, but it seems we've cut out that first wakeup, which has been nice.  


Milestones:  Let's see - starting solid foods was a big deal.  We've also stopped using the infant carrier in our strollers, and she now faces forward, which she seems to love.  We also took our first weekend trip (to Indianapolis), and she was awesome!  I was horribly nervous about the 3-hour car ride and a weekend in a hotel, but we couldn't have asked for a better situation.


I cannot believe this little nugget is mine. Happy Mother's Day to all of the hardworking mamas out there! Motherhood is equally wonderful & terrifying but I wouldn't have it any other way:) I love you, Layla "Bean"!


(My first Mother's Day.  It was straight up awesome.)

Likes:  Layla continues to love her activity mat, MamaRoo swing and jumperoo!   She also loves looking at herself in the mirror and trying to eat books when I read to her:)  She continues to love bath time, riding in the car and walks/runs in her stroller!



image

Dislikes:  This time around, it's getting dressed or getting her diaper changed.  She hates to sit still.  But honestly, besides that, there isn't much she doesn't like.

We're so blessed that our little lady is doing well!  Thanks for reading along!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Hands down prettiest baby ever! Like ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is just way too much cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I cannot even get over the cuteness!!! I want to pinch her cheeks (and I now sound like my old italian relatives LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your little lady is doing amazing. And I never tire of seeing cute little Layla pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has the sweetest grin! James is the same length as Layla but she's got about a pound on him :) I think he could fit into 12 month clothes for the length but he's such a lean boy that I think they'll swallow him! I'll probably be stuffing him into 9 month clothes until I absolutely have to make the switch to 12 month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 months already! I swear it flies. She is such a cute LONG stringbean! So much expression in that little face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so sweet and full of smiles! It sounds like she's a lot if fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it's far from easy, but this post makes parenting sound like a piece of cake! I can't believe she's six months old already, how time flies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's so chic in that last photo! Like "yea, 6 months. Moving on..." Such a cutie! Glad nighttime is going well us teachers need some form of rest! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's so happy!! And our friends' baby (about the same age as Layla) is also in 9-12 month old clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...