2.25.2013

This Weekend, I...

....did lots of random things.  Are you ready for the round-up???

This weekend, I...

...went out to a BAR on a Friday night with my girlfriends.  THIS NEVER HAPPENS. (I'm usually in bed by 9:00 p.m. - I never said I was exciting!)  Not only was it a great time, but the bar had free popcorn. 

girlsnight


(In this photo, I am the only one with my coat on.  I left at 10:00 p.m.  Everyone else stayed out for hours...)


...hit up a FREE Flybarre AND Flywheel class in Highland Park.  I also won a gift bag!

...attended a wedding reception for a dear friend, where I somehow acquired a FISH!  The reception was a celebration for a destination wedding, and there were fish on the tables.  And when the bride's niece was looking for loving homes for all of the fish, I couldn't say no.  I AM SUCH A SUCKER!

IMG_2180

(Just a quick glimpse of my wedding fash...)

IMG_2182

(...and my wedding fish.  His name is Uncle Jesse, and I am happy to report that he is still alive!  I also bought him some accessories for the bowl.)

...had a lovely brunch at Pick Me Up Cafe, a tiny little vegetarian/vegan place in Lakeview.

...went crazy for the Oscars!  I have to say that I was fairly underwhelmed by the fashion overall.  I LOVED Jessica Chastain, though.  She IS Hollywood glamour!

It'll be tough to return to work today after a wonderfully relaxing weekend, but I am hoping the upcoming week won't be too painful.  I have  some fun events lined up for the end of the week, so I have a feeling it's going to fly by!

Do you have any pets?  I grew up with ZERO.  My family got a dog when I was in college ( a sweet yellow lab named Maggie) but this fish is really my first pet.  I know, I know.  I'm lame.

Are you a brunch person?  I never considered myself one, but lately, my girlfriends and I have been brunching every weekend, and I love this new tradition!

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. I love animals, but I hate the mess and work that they create. Therefore, I don't have any pets. I content myself with playing with the pets that my friends and family have and leave the mess with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a couple of fish that I had won over the years at street fairs. Sadly I killed them all. Hoping you have better luck and Love that you named your fish Uncle Jesse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to brunch. Esp at Brunch..they have the best stuffed french toast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get a fish as a wedding favor!! Actually, at a really good friends wedding we all ended up going to a carnival the next morning and someone ended up winning me a fish. Sadly though, the little carnie fish died on the way home. I hope you have better fish luck than i did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great weekend!! I looooove that outfit! A fish as a favor??? That is hilariously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I can't remember the last time I went to a bar. Around here I feel too old to be in one, since it's a college town so the bars are always full of young 20 somethings.

    And I LOVE that you named your new fish Uncle Jesse. Word the the wise... look up online about changing his water. I remembered a got a beta my first year of college and killed it after a day because I didn't change the water the right away. On the heels of a breakup I was pretty devastated over the death of my poor fish =-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uncle Jesse is the best name! I hope he lives a long and happy life with you. :)

    I love any get together with girlfriends, though I'd almost always choose lunch food over brunch food.

    I loved Jennifer Garner's look at the Oscars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vegan cafe?! Let's go! And discuss NYC! :) :) :)

    What a fun weekend. I love the pic of you with your girlies. I am going to share that fish idea to my sis (she is getting married June 2014).

    Hee hee. You know we have a pet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 dogs and 2 fish (We had 3, but 1 of the fishies just died.)

    Loved Chastain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 100% a brunch girl, so I am SOLD on a vegetarian/vegan brunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brunch yes, and pets OBVIOUSLY! Dogs only, no kitty cats for the Millers! NYC is brunch HAVEN...maybe we can brunch together?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that you got a fish !!! so cute. i have a goldfish called florence.

    sounds like you had a fab weekend

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely weekend! Your fish is very adorable :)

    We have a dog, two cats and a bird. We did have three birds at one point, but two have passed away. Growing up I always had pets, a guinea pig, rabbits, dogs, cats and fish.

    Brunch is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I LOVE brunch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, sounds like a great weekend. I do like brunch, but I don't brunch very often, I find I like that time of day for eating but have trouble finding food to eat (I'm a celiac).

    Uncle Jessie is a beauty. I've always had pets, only one fished which my college roommate killed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that dress! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha sooo funny that you came home with a wedding with a fish! we had a fish... but our cat kept torturing him and drinking his water and pawing at him whenever he was close to the top... sadly, he didn't last very long in our house.

    and i love brunch with friends... and mimosas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a Hoosier Alumni, I love whatever bar you're at!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is that a beta fish? Aka fighting fish? I used to have two of them, in a split fish tank, but one of them must have "jumped" over the divider, and they fought and one of them ended up dying (I assume the loser). And then I had just one fish. And then I realized how boring fish are as pets. But stick a mirror next to your fish bowl and it will start "fighting" - puffing out it's gills and fins.

    I used to go to Pick Me Up all the time when I was in college. Probably because it was one of the few places underage kids could go after 10pm.

    I grew up with small pets - fish, hamsters. My cat (that I have now) is the biggest pet I've ever had. I'd love to get a dog someday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do have pets! And they're both incredible. No one leaves presents for me on purpose, and it's kind of magical. Hercules was a rescue golden retriever. His previous owners named him Hercules, and I kept it mostly so we didn't confuse the poor guy. So, I've heard the sing song "Hercules! Hercules!" for the past 9 years. He's totally worth it. Then there's my fickle cat, Madeline. I call her Maddie and "damn it, cat!" She's very needy. Sometimes she loves me, and sometimes she throws my phone off the nightstand. I love having pets. They add all kinds of fun to the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a killer wedding outfit! I do have a pet and I also love brunch! I think they are two of the finer things in life :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...